Search This Blog

Monday 13 July 2009

This was the furthest thing from my mind!


I awoke on the morning of June 17th 2008.
This day seemed to be no different to any other day,but how wrong could I off been!

Six days previous to this terrible day, Robert my son came to my home and woke me up out of a deep sleep around 2am and asking me "can I borrow a suitcase mum?"

I wasn't happy as I was the last to know that he was going away, and I did need my suitcase as I had a conference coming up a week later.

I don't know how to explain to you how I felt as all I could see of Robert was his silhouette with the light behind hurting my eyes as I was in a dark room.

This was the last conversation I had with my OLD! Robbie.

The next thing I heard was the voice at the other end of the phone telling me my son had been attacked and was being taken to hospital, however didn't know where?

Around few hours later I received another phone call from his girlfriend Charlotte to say in a emotional voice" we need to go immediately to Greece to be at his bedside.

The nightmare continued...........

2 comments:

  1. This is every parents nightmare. how sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were worried about going back and landing up in a Greek jail.My son spent 3 long month's fighting for his life in this hospital .Where was my sons human rights ???

    (No Comparison)

    ReplyDelete