Search This Blog

Saturday 22 August 2009

Its the same old song...

When I came home from Greece last year in September,I started writing to all the mp's around the country,to make them not only aware of my son's plight but also of what our family and other families that we met over in Greece were going through at that time.

After weeks and weeks and a lot of hard work, all we received back was the same negative and boring letter.

If you look below you will see one of them ,but I have taken the name away and The sad part is even up till this date, this is what you may receive if you happen to write to a MP that was not in your town.

This is a cross party issue not just in my area ,don't the MP's realise that the next victim and there family could come from within there own constituency and they have a duty of care to them, to find out what problems that can occur and find out more on this subject before it happens (NOT AFTER).

Its called working together and sharing information so that it can be passed on to our colleges family and friends etc.
.....................................................................................

Dear Ms Hughes,

Thank you for your recent telephone message. I was extremely sorry to learn of the attack on your son Robert. I am sure this must have been a terribly upsetting experience and can only imagine what you have all been through.

Owing to strict parliamentary protocol, I cannot make enquiries on your behalf as I am not your Member of Parliament. From your letter it would appear that you have already contacted your own MP and I would strongly suggest that you continue to pursue his office. you may also wish to consider seeking legal advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment